The Scantrust Rest API is the default way in which all the apps, portal and mobile landing pages communicate with the backend. In order to access this API, developers need to obtain the following:
- A valid activated company account on the Scantrust Enterprise Portal
- A user within that company with sufficient access rights to access the required information. Typically this will be user with at least the SCM User Role in order to do SCM uploads, but other configurations with different access rights are alo available (SCM Admin, Brand Manager etc.
- That user can then chose to login with one of two methods:
- Use the Username / Password provided
- Create a User Authorization token in the user profile page of a company admin
- Using a User Authorization Token is preferred as it gives you finer-grained control over what and when your information can be accessed.
Endpoint and Features
The public-facing REST API Endpoint can be reached at https://api.scantrust.com/ It can be used for the following tasks:
- Creating Products and assigning codes to those products
- Updating other code-information such as serial number and activation status
- Assign data to SCM fields to enable track and trace
- Download Scan Data
- Download Codes (Workorders)
We have included code examples to get you started for the following languages:
Should you need other samples, please contact support to ask one of our friendly developers for help. :)